Friday, July 20, 2007

So I went for the lollipop and...

OK, OK, I know, two posts in one day, but THIS is too exciting to pass up sharing with you: I'd gone to the Dollar Tree to get a couple of lollipops to celebrate National Lollipop Day, and as I was perusing the candy aisle I discovered a new-to-me candy bar. It's absolutely one of the best bars I've ever put in my mouth, and as someone who's indulged in more than my fair share (and yours, too, most likely), this is a big, delicious deal! So what did I find, you ask, that would get me this excited?

Triple Chocolate Twix.

Triple...Chocolate...(sigh)...Twix.

Crispy, crunchy chocolate cookie layered over with smooth and decadent chocolate caramel (a particular weakness), covered in that thick, yummy Twix milk chocolate. It's chewy, crunchy, smooth, sweet and yes, pretty damn chocolatey, but not overly so in my humble opinion. Did I say delicious? Oh yeah, baby, this is one hunka chewy chocolate, caramel, cookie fabulousity (that is so a word 'cause I just used it).

It's a slightly chewier bar than the regular Twix, and I would imagine that's the chocolate caramel at work. Though predominantly a milk chocolate candy bar, I think that even dark chocolate lovers will find that this hits a special spot. Well, that's a guess on my part, but I am one of those folks who's particularly fond of dark chocolate, and obviously this did it for me!

I wish I had a camera so I could show you how luscious this is, but even so, it tastes even better than it looks. Well, maybe that's 'cause I didn't exactly examine the thing before I snarfed the first of the two bars down. I even might have been moaning slightly in chocolate candy ecstasy. I hope the mom and kids behind me in line at the Dollar Tree didn't think I was dangerous (just keep the kids away from my candy, lady, and nobody gets hurt).

Visualize, if you will, the familiar looking double-barred Twix: that long, chocolate-covered bar, broken open to reveal a darkly chocolate, crispy cookie base, incredibly smooth and rich, creamy, oozy chocolate caramel in a thick layer on top of the cookie, and then the thick coating of that Twix milk chocolate encasing the whole thing. Yeah, baby, all for you and laying right there in your hot little hands. Open up. Bite down and savor it as you chew...mmmmm...are ya with me?

God, I wonder if The Dollar Tree is still open...I need to go back and buy all they have; it's a "Limited Time Only" candy bar!

Boy, go for one measly lollipop and get hit by the Mack truck of candy bar love...

No comments: